A revised collection of resources is now available that better aligns with the new Social Studies and History curriculum. For reference purposes, the previously available collection of resources has been archived here.
The following resources have been posted to assist participating schools in facilitating their school fair and in preparing students for the regional fair. Feel free to use and modify as you see fit. If re-sharing this work, please consider offerimg attribution to the Durham Regional Heritage Fair (see Creative Commons licensing below).
Durham Regional Heritage Fair resources
- NEW! Regional Fair Rubric
- NEW! School Fair Rubric
- Heritage Fair Handbook 2014
- Heritage Fairs Task Specific Assessment Rubric for Historical Significance
- Heritage Fairs Research Organizer
- Heritage Fair Project Self Assessment
- Heritage Fairs 2014 Project Rubric
- DDSB Independent Study Planning Tool
- Cover Sheet Success Criteria – submitted by Sir John A. Macdonald PS, Pickering
- Adjuication Rubric 2014
Ontario Heritage Fairs Association resources
- NEW! Creating a Great Heritage Fair Project Using the Inquiry Model
- Ontario Heritage Fairs and Ontario Curriculum
- Overview of the Fairs Program
- Additional Resources
- For Teachers
- Ontario Curriculum 2014
- List of Provincial Awards
- Provincial Fair
- Young Citizens
- Project Ideas
Ontario Curriculum Support resources
- The Critical Thinking Consortium “Thinking about History” Video Series and Lesson Plans – highly recommended for “explor[ing] the meaning, rationale and key dimensions of six historical thinking concepts.”
- Curriculum.org Snapshots of Effective Practice – see ‘Student Inquiry,’ ‘Student Self Assessment,’ and ‘Inquiry Student Reflections.’
The following license refers only to the Durham Regional Heritage Fair resources. For other licensing information, please visit the original source.
This work by Durham Regional Heritage Fair is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.